Learn how to bake moist chocolate cake in 16 easy steps and start serving at birthdays and weddings.
First, let’s get to know a little bit about Cake. Cake is a sweet baked food made from a dough or thick batter usually containing flour and sugar and often shortening, eggs, and a raising agent (such as baking powder).
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon (tsp.) baking powder
- 1 ½tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2tsp vanilla flavor
- 1tsp butter scotch flavor
- 1tsp coffee
- 1 cup of Hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour three 6″ X 1 1/2″ round cake pans.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda, sift and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, eggs vanilla and butter scotch.
- Gradually add sugar.
- With a hand mixer, beat on medium to high speed for about 3-4 minutes until well mixed
- Alternately combine in flour mixture and milk to batter while beating.
- Continue to beat until batter is smooth.
- Mix 1tsp of coffee with 1 cup of hot water
- Add the coffee mixture into the batter
- Pour equal amounts of batter into greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to see if it is done. Bake a few minutes more, if needed.
- Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool in pans for a few minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack, to them allow to completely cool.
- Cover with frosting and your yummy super moist chocolate cake is ready for consumption.
Best served with chocolate butter frosting.
Rate this How-to Tutorial