Everyone loves pancake but not everyone knows how to make pancakes. Join me in learning how to make your own pancake in 2 hours!
What is a Pancake?
A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that contains eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- One egg
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
Recipe for Pancakes
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (dry ingredients).
- Lightly whisk egg, milk and melted butter (wet ingredients).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir properly just until everything is moistened.
- Add a little oil to a non-stick pan.
- Heat over low heat for about five minutes.
- Use an ice cream scooper, measuring cup or small ladle to deliver the same amount of batter to the skillet for each pancake. This allows for more uniform-sized pancakes.
- Let the pancakes cook, untouched, for about three minute or until bubbles form on the surface of the batter. At this point, use you can add any of you favorite fruits like strawberry, banana or any toppings you decide to use.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook on the second side for about two minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish and serve with any fruit.