XtraTime allows eligible customers access airtime on credit when their account balance is too low to have ordinarily continued with an on-going call. The airtime received on credit can be used for all chargeable activities on the MTN network.
Who can use MTN XtraTime?
The service will be available to active prepaid MTN customers. Other eligibility criteria include:
- SIM must be prepaid
- SIM must be registered
- Customer’s main account balance must be between N0 and N12
- MTN’s consideration of Customer’s monthly recharge frequency
- MTN’s consideration of Customer’s average monthly spend
- Customer must have paid up any previous XtraTime request and the charges associated thereto.
How to access MTN XtraTime
Customers can access the service by dialling *606#.
The following Menu will then be displayed:
Customers can then subsequently check eligibility status, request for Airtime, request for Data (XtraByte) and learn more about XtraTime by selecting “Next”.
Receiving MTN XtraTime credit
When an eligible customer requests for credit, the credit will be loaded in a special account once the request is approved. Customers can check their Special XtraTime account balance by dialling *606#.
Using MTN XtraTime
Airtime advanced with the service can be used for all chargeable activities on the MTN network. Once borrowed credit is exhausted, customers will not be able to perform any other chargeable activities until the borrowed is paid for.
MTN XtraTime Service charge
The service attracts a service charge of 15% of the airtime borrowed.
For example, if N100 Credit is requested for, a service fee of N15 is first deducted, and the remaining N85 is credited to the customer’s account.
Paying back MTN XtraTime
Customers can use the usual balance enquiry command (*556#) to check the outstanding amount owed. This command will return a negative value showing the outstanding amount. This owed amount will be recovered at the very next recharge made by the customer. In cases where the recharge amount is less than the outstanding amount, subsequent recharges will be used to recover whatever is outstanding.
So keep recharging and enjoying.
You Can also learn:
- How to Borrow Credit / Airtime from Airtel here
- How to Borrow Credit / Airtime from Glo here
- How to Borrow Credit / Airtime from Etisalat here
- How to Borrow Data from Airtel here
- How to Borrow Data from Glo here
- How to Borrow Data from MTN here
- How to Borrow Data from Etisalat here
Rate this How-to Tutorial