Fondant is an icing-like substance used to decorate or sculpt pastries .It’s actually easy to make your own fondant. If you wish to occasionally decorate birthday cake with it, or if you’re making a wedding cake, rolled fondant is very convenient.
Author: Tamara Novacovic
Recipe Type: dessert
- 0.70 oz (20 g) powdered gelatine + ⅕ cup (50 ml) cold water
- 3.3 oz (100 g) fructose + 1½ tbsp (20 ml) water
- 1 tbsp glycerine
- 30.4 oz (900 g) powdered sugar
- Dissolve gelatine in cold water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Combine fructose with water and heat until it boils, stirring. Let it boil for 30 sec. and remove from heat. Add gelatine and glycerine. Combine.
- Add the mixture to half of the powdered sugar, stir with spoon to combine. Gradually add the rest of the powdered sugar. Turn onto working surface and knead until it comes together.
- Leave on working surface for 30 minutes so that it cools.
- Keep covered in plastic wrap, in an air-tight container on room temperatures. If you don’t use all at once, it might harden, so heat it in microwave for 4 seconds, it will become pliable again. It stores well for 1 month, but it’s best to use in 2-3 days.
Rate this How-to Tutorial