Have you ever wanted to know how to make your own wig? In this tutorial, you will learn how to make your own wig, just in simple and easy steps.
What you will need to make your wig?
To make a wig, you will need the following:
- a mannequin head or a willing person that will volunteer their own head
- a needle and thread, or hair glue (whichever you prefer to use to secure the hair on the cap)
- foundation or concealer that matches the color tone of your scalp
- wefted hair extensions
- a lace hair closure
- a fitted dome cap that doesn’t have extra fabric that will need to be tied
- a thick elastic headband
Be sure you have all the above listed equipments , then you can go further to the steps below and make your wig in few minutes.
Steps by Steps Guide on How to Make a Wig
- Turn the dome cap inside out and place it on either the mannequin head or volunteer.
- Using the needle and thread, sew the elastic band to the rim of the dome cap.
- Turn the dome cap back to the original side and place it back on the head.
- Take your lace closure and line up where you want the part. Either sew it or glue it onto the dome cap.
- Take out the extension and measure it at the base of the neck, then cut off the excess hair. Sew or glue the base of the extension to the head.
- Do this row by row until you get to the middle of the head.
- Then start on the sides of the head by the ears, measuring the hair from the front of the scalp to wherever you stopped in the previous step.
- Do this until you have covered the dome cap.
- Tweeze the hairs in the lace closure to make it look like a natural part.
- Put the foundation or concealer on the part and the edges of the hair to make it blend.
Check out this video for better understanding
Rate this How-to Tutorial