Are you willing to switch to MTN network? Learn how to port to MTN from another network and everything you need to know about mobile number portability (MNP).
What is Mobile number Portability
You can now port to MTN from another Network through a process called Mobile Number Portability (MNP). MNP allows you port to MTN Nigeria from your current mobile network operator without having to change your phone number.
How To Port to MTN Nigeria
To port to MTN Nigeria, you will simply do the following:
- Visit any MTN Nigeria Service Centres or authorized outlets near you.
- Complete a Subscriber Porting Request Form for Mobile Number Portability. Click on this link to download the mobile number portability porting form.
- Provide important details while completing the forms:
- Your phone number
- The name of your current network
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Company name (Corporate customers only)
- Company registration number (Corporate Customers only)
- Identity Card
- You must accept the Terms & Conditions of the service and sign the Number Porting Request Form as a declaration that you understand and consent to the porting.
- Submit the form with any other required documents at the authorized MTN Nigeria Outlets
- You will receive a new MTN Nigeria SIM card
- You will send SMS with the word “PORT” to 3232.
- Within 48hours, you will receive a confirmation message that you request is being processed upon successful validation of your information.
- You will receive another message to insert the new SIM in your handset where you will automatically be placed on MTN Nigeria default Prepaid Tariff Plan- MTN Pay Go.
For Frequently Asked Questions, click here
For Terms and Conditions, click here
To download the Mobile Number Portability form, click here
If you want to port fill out the form below this page and MTN will get in touch with you immediately.
Rate this How-to Tutorial